Linkedin is one Social Platform that has been least talked about but holds great promise. No wonder, it has been lagging it’s peers in terms of features, but remember that it’s still one of the platform that professionals like to be on.
Here are few Linkedin Statistics that might make you take notice of the platform:
- Linkedin has over 200 million users
- 2 new users join the network every second
- 42% of the users updated their profile regularly
- Nearly 2.7 million Linkedin Business Pages
More stats at Visual.ly Linkedin Infographic.
So, if you do not have a presence, there’s ample amount of marketing opportunities that you could be losing out. This week I spent to learn about what can be some great content strategies brands or individuals can adopt on Linkedin and be relevant. Other than personal profiles, business pages are a great place brands can leverage on and are very much different than Facebook Business Pages.
Here they are…
Top 5 Posts on Using LinkedIn
1. First up is a video by Lewis Howes, where he explains how businesses can leverage the platform. Fast forward 1:08 where he uses the example of Zig Ziglar to drive the point. Catch the video here…
2. If you’re looking for a guide to help you get through Linkedin, Kristi Hines has an epic post ‘The 2013 LinkedIn Marketing Guide’. This post has to be bookmarked and re-read every time you are looking for inspiration. The post has everything you want from creating your bio, making connections, leveraging groups, setting community to analyzing your results. Classified MUST READ!!
3. And then there is this post ‘Growing up with LinkedIn: Advice for Interns by an Intern‘ by a Linkedin intern Julia Karnaze where she gives the insider view of various things happening at Linkedin. You can go through articles of other interns in that series. Great insights!!
4. Now how about making your Linkedin profile interesting. The post ‘Adding Videos, Photos & Links to Your LinkedIn Profile‘ by Kristi Kellogg explains how you can embed rich media to the profile. This helps you share different form of content and wanting the visitors come back and boost visibility.
5. Last in the series, how not to use Linkedin. Harper Yi shares some ‘Linkedin Horror Stories‘ and shares ways not to use the platform. I liked the point about not lying about anything on the profile and to always send a personalized message while making a connection.
So there goes the Top 5 for this week.
1. Do you have a personal Linkedin Strategy?
2. What would you like to see on Linkedin next, considering it still lags it’s peers.
Share your views and would be glad to engage with you over the comments below.
Photo Credit: Nan Palmero